Lisboa, European Green Capital in 2020, is the city of light and recognized internationally for its cool vibe and genuine lifestyle. The city has a unique mix between history and modernity and is three hours away from the Portuguese manufacturing area in the district of Porto. Lisboa Fashion Week is known for its long-term support of young talents and independent fashion and will host United Fashion in a special program dedicated to creativity, making, innovation and sustainability.
Looking for young designers with innovative DNA and a forward-thinking approach. Dedicated to fashion – womenswear, menswear, no-gender – collections. Brands that mix apparel and accessories are welcome. Accessory lines are not eligible. The designers are required to have two years set up experience and FW2021 see now buy now collections. The action will include private moments B2B for buyers and press, but also activities to sell directly to the public. Only one collection is required – FW2021 – but designers must ensure part of the collection is ready to sell immediately, so some duplicates are mandatory.
United Fashion in Lisboa is organized in two fronts. On one hand, a program with workshops, master-classes and knowledge sharing centered on the topic of production and addressing questions on making, sustainability and know-how. In parallel, the selected designers will be able to present the collection in a showroom and showcase them through a fashion presentation in the context of Lisboa Fashion Week.
This call is organized in the framework of the United Fashion project. It is carried out by 7 organizations active in the fashion sector all over Europe and supported by the Creative Europe program of the EU.
- Arrival on March 4
- Workshop and masterclass – Production and Sourcing in Portugal.
- Networking with local manufacturers and agents: an opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry experts and get practical advices and connections.
- Fast Talks
- Showroom B2B & B2C (see now buy now).
- Private launch for buyers & press.
- 2 days Fashion happenings (presentation with models).
- Departures on March 8.
DETAILS OF THE PARTICIPATION
Travel and accommodation will be taken care by hosting organization, Associação ModaLisboa:
- Flight in economy class (limited budget according to flight origin).
- Hotel in Lisboa (selected by organizer) for 3 nights (1 person per participating brand).
The remaining costs are to be covered by each participant. The participant is also responsible for costs related to the transportation of the collection.
- 7 November 2019: Launch call.
- 19 December: Call closes.
- 9 January: Private announcement of finalists.
Requirements for designers looking to participate in United Fashion activities:
- Ready-to-wear collection to showcase abroad: men/women.
- See now buy now collection.
- 2 years of brand existence.
- Minimum of 3 sale points.
- Innovative DNA.
- Clear communication and distribution brand vision.
For the selection of the designers the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Relevance to the fashion industry - brand & collection identity.
- Quality of the project and presentation.
- Product quality.
- Brand image quality.
- Professional approach.
- Motivation to participate in the project and interest in the Portuguese market.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application HERE
Please send further information via email:
- Brand presentation, values and visuals.
- Designer profile (bio).
- Selection of pictures: 5 high-res pictures of the brand (lookbook or fashion images).
- 1 high-res portrait of the designer(s) + credits of the photographer.
- URL of the website, Instagram and Facebook account.
- Logo of the brand/company (.eps or .ai).
Submit your application to the following contacts:
Belgium – Brussels: email@example.com
Belgium – Flanders: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia)
Other European countries: email@example.com
Your application should be sent by 19 December 2019 at the latest.
ModaLisboa is a nonprofit association that promotes Fashion in Portugal and internationally. In partnership with the Municipality of Lisbon, it has elevated Portuguese independent fashion for nearly 30 years. It is responsible for the Lisboa Fashion Week event, aside with other initiatives and projects promoting young designers, mentoring, knowledge sharing and a more informed discussion around fashion with its cultural and business capital. ModaLisboa develops tailor made projects with partners, promoting the industry and the Portuguese creative contemporary identity. Brings an innovative approach in the development of specialized Fashion projects.
LISBOA FASHION WEEK
Lisboa Fashion Week runs since 1991 and it occurs just after Paris Fashion Week in the international calendar. It showcases the collections of Portuguese fashion designers, alongside international designers and brands, promoting innovative and inspired new projects. Its mission is to promote the growth and notoriety of Portuguese fashion, promoting a contemporary and sophisticated identity. Lisboa Fashion Week targets professionals of the industry press and buyers, as well as representatives with artistic, cultural and business backgrounds, and has become a meeting point for fashion and creative businesses.
The United Fashion project is carried out by a cluster of 7 organizations active in the fashion sector in Europe, namely MAD - Home of Creators (BE), Flanders DC (BE), ModaLisboa (PT), Baltic Fashion Federation (LV), Maisons de Mode (FR), Fashion Weekend Skopje (MK), and Fashion Council Germany (DE). The aim of this project supported by the Creative Europe programme of the EU is to enhance the culture of fashion designers across Europe to be more business minded and at enhancing their competitiveness internationally, without limiting their creativity.
Through a number of international network events and transdisciplinary training workshops, more than 150 fashion designers will have the opportunity to participate by showcasing their collections, getting to know and understand several European markets, developing new skills in fashion tech, sustainable fashion, production, craftmanship, business models etc. between 2017 and 2021.