Carlos Gil was born in Nampula, Mozambique, in the late 60s. He graduated in Fashion Design in Portugal. In 1998, he opened his first atelier, in Fundão, and a few years later his how store and brand CARLOS GIL.
In his creations is always present the dream of capturing beauty in various ways, creating astonishing and superior quality pieces.
Carlos Gil presents his collections at ModaLisboa, and has been conquering international markets participating in international fashion weeks. In October 2021, he was selected to represent Portugal at Expo Dubai 2020, where he presented his spring/summer 2021 collection, "Portugal".
With a solid career path, Carlos Gil allies the public recognition of his distinguished work and career with several nominations and awards:
- Medal of Merit of the City of Fundão (2009);
- Young successful businessman in Portugal and Abroad (2009);
- XX Golden Globes Awards Gala (2015 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- In July 2015 he is also honoured by the President of the Portuguese Republic with the “Ordem Infante D. Henrique” distinction;
- XXII Golden Globes Awards Gala (2017 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- XXIII Gala of the Golden Globes (2018 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
Carlos Gil was referenced as inspiration and trend in the FW17/18 edition of the trends book Next Look Women's Wear.
Carlos Gil's collection for Fall/Winter 2021/22, speaks about getting closer. Feeling, emotion and sharing have always been the main tools for the balance and success of the Designer's identity. The color, the hug and the kiss are the basis for the inspiration and development of this sharing of emotions that, more than ever, are the priority of an unknown time.