Carlos Gil was born in Nampula, Mozambique, in the late 60s. He graduated in Fashion Design in Portugal. In 1998, he opened his first atelier, in Fundão, and a few years later his how store and brand CARLOS GIL.
In his creations is always present the dream of capturing beauty in various ways, creating astonishing and superior quality pieces.
Carlos Gil presents his collections at ModaLisboa, and has been conquering international markets participating in international fashion weeks. In October 2021, he was selected to represent Portugal at Expo Dubai 2020, where he presented his spring/summer 2021 collection, "Portugal".
With a solid career path, Carlos Gil allies the public recognition of his distinguished work and career with several nominations and awards:
- Medal of Merit of the City of Fundão (2009);
- Young successful businessman in Portugal and Abroad (2009);
- XX Golden Globes Awards Gala (2015 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- In July 2015 he is also honoured by the President of the Portuguese Republic with the “Ordem Infante D. Henrique” distinction;
- XXII Golden Globes Awards Gala (2017 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- XXIII Gala of the Golden Globes (2018 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
Carlos Gil was referenced as inspiration and trend in the FW17/18 edition of the trends book Next Look Women's Wear.
Life is the answer for the woman who wears Carlos Gil next season. A woman who lives on all continents, thinking about the balance of nature. The pattern reflects the life of the tree on land and the coral in the sea. The sweet colors of the collection mix in an unusual way, in a silhouette that blends with the various cultures.