Born in Nampula, Mozambique, in the late 60s, Carlos Gil graduated in Fashion Design in Portugal, beginning this way his path in the pursuit of beauty in all forms and shapes. In 1998, Carlos Gil opens his first atelier, and a few years later his first store, in Fundão, Portugal.
In his creations is always present the dream of capturing beauty in various ways, creating astonishing and superior quality pieces.
Carlos Gil presents his collections at ModaLisboa, and has been conquering international markets participating in international fashion weeks.
With a solid career path, Carlos Gil allies the public recognition of his distinguished work and career with several nominations and awards:
- Medal of Merit of the City of Fundão (2009);
- Young successful businessman in Portugal and Abroad (2009);
- XX Golden Globes Awards Gala (2015 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- In July 2015 he is also honoured by the President of the Portuguese Republic with the “Ordem Infante D. Henrique” distinction;
- XXII Golden Globes Awards Gala (2017 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
- XXIII Gala of the Golden Globes (2018 - nominated for the award of Best Fashion Designer);
Carlos Gil was referenced as inspiration and trend in the FW17/18 edition of the trends book Next Look Women's Wear.